Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finding the Perfect Photo


I am sitting here searching through the photos from the first week of my little girl's life. I am trying to find just what photo captures her perfectly to introduce her to the world.  I have not done her official photo session yet, but you can bet, regardless of a 22 hour labor and a c-section I have had my camera in hand and I still want to show her off.

I have an entirely new perspective on motherhood and what all my moms go through in prepping for that perfect picture.  I know I am lucky to be able to photograph my own daughter, but I still have the nerves and anxiety of getting her together and finding that perfect photo.

My husband and I had just a few hours of sleep last night.  We of course want the baby to sleep, and when she is sleeping it means we should be sleeping too.  I am sore, exhausted, emotional and wanting to savor every second of her tininess.  I have a whole new respect for what my moms do when they let me into their homes to try and capture that perfect moment and for that I am very thankful.

In the end, I know it's not perfection that will matter to me and the "perfect" photo I often think I created for my client is not their favorite photo at all.  It's really just about capturing that real moment in time that is personal and means something to each family.

The photo above was done just before dinner last night.  It was done in the middle of our living room after she had eaten with no fancy lighting, background or outfits.  I love how happy she looks and how my husband's hands cradle her and push her forward as if to say "Here she is world."  That is what it is all about.

Adalynn Elizabeth DeFrehn was born May 12th, 2011 at 5:55AM.
She was 8lbs 4oz. and 20 inches long. 

1 comments:

Halle23 May 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

She's gorgeous! Congrats!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP